Monday 14 November 2022

On the renewable energy side of things.......

 


This is a shot of my eBike, hanging from my garage ceiling so as to be out of the way. The battery fits underneath the saddle area between the central frame upright and a guide to the right of the frame (see the vertical "thin" black guide, the battery is presently not fitted).

I recharge the bike's battery using my home solar system. My solar system includes the inverter, that is the blue box to the bottom left of the image.

The central artwork behind the bike was crafted by my son-in-law, depicting various scenes from my life.

The artwork to the right was painted by my special needs son when he attended are classes in the UAE. The picture is his interpretation of his mother who has since passed away.

My solar system captured close to three-quarters of a MWh for the last thirty days even though we have had a lot of recent rain. Here is a captured image of my solar system statistics.


The yellow bars show the captured solar energy and the red bars show the house's consumption. The blue area represents the state of my (20 kVA) lithium ion batteries. My twenty solar panels on my garage roof are rated 6.6 kW.

My house used 497 kWh. I exported 223 kWh to the grid. I used 69 kWh from the grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Could Builder technology save us?

  When I was studying in the early seventies, my first computer experience was with an IBM machine that filled a room at university. Punch c...